addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Human Powered (Bicycle/Kayak/Canoe/Hiking) World Touring Message Board › World Car Free Day Th 9/22

World Car Free Day Th 9/22

Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
Hi all, my hope is that we can start a movement in our respective cities to start observing this. I happened to be in Paris in 1999 during this event. Only emergency vehicles were allowed on the streets. I was touring by bike and thought I'd have the run of Paris. Not! It was overrun with pedestrians such that cycling was almost impossible. It was great. Everyone was friendly and happy!

There's plenty of time to plan to bike to work/school/play on Th 9/22. Grab friends/family/coworkers to do it with you.

In Seattle, what are people's thoughts on celebrating, perhaps with a potluck BBQ at Green Lake 6P?

More info http://www.worldcarfr...­