Human Powered (Bicycle/Kayak/Canoe/Hiking) World Touring Message Board › Possible Catalina Island Bike camping trip in late November - who's interested?

Possible Catalina Island Bike camping trip in late November - who's interested?

Saul_K
Saul_Kinderis
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Do you think that by Late November that you'll be tired of the Pacific NW weather?

Join me on a bicycle camping trip in Southern California.

The general plan is to fly down on a Friday afternoon and fly back on a Sunday afternoon. We'd either fly into Orange County airport (SNA) or into San Diego (SAN) and ride to the ferry dock.

Santa Catalina Island is a very beautiful island with very little development and a lot of interesting wildlife, including the biggest herd of bison in the US.

If you want to join us, either send me an email or go to the bulletin board and post your preferred weekend for November or December and I will try and work it into the plan. I plan on finalizing the trip dates by about the 10th of November to give us time to get cheap airfares (they usually run about $200-$250 R/T). The ferry runs another $50 or so.

questions? email saul@isomedia.com or phone 206.313.0107
Andrea Z
azelones
San Diego, CA
Post #: 14
I have two free weekends left this year and I live here in San Diego. I could pick up a few people at the San Diego airport and drive us to the dock. That would save on car rental for a few people. I wasn't sure if they were bringing their bikes or not, but I have a bike rack and it can hold up to 4 bikes. The only free weekends I have left this year are November 13-15th and December 11-13th. Let me know if any of those dates work and let me know what you need help with. Thanks, Andrea