Human Powered (Bicycle/Kayak/Canoe/Hiking) World Touring Message Board › bike ride Feb 14th Fremont to Marymoor (and back) 10 AM

bike ride Feb 14th Fremont to Marymoor (and back) 10 AM

A former member
Post #: 3
I joined this group last week, but haven't found any event that really sparked my interest yet, so I would like to offer to invite any of you bicyclists to a group ride that i am organizing this weekend... feel free to email me if you have any questions: tim_weig at
and if I am breaking any serious rules of this site, I am sorry.. I am not a spammer, just a single guy from Mukilteo with a group of folks that are going for a ride this weekend and thought i would pass along an invite..

granted this ride isn't nearly as cool as a ride on Catalina (which I have done before by the way), but it is much easier for many of you to attend this ride smile

I am putting together a group ride on the Burke-Gilman for anyone interested. We will meet where Phinney Ave meets the trail in Fremont and ride to Marymoor Park. Have lunch at Blazin Bagels near the park, then head back. Probably will down a beer or two after the ride at Brouwer's in Fremont afterwards (which is where our cars are conveniently going to be parked). Please be considerate of everyone else and be there early enough to get yourself ready to ride by 10.

Time---ON THE BIKES AND RIDING AT 10:00 AM sharp !

Location---Park somewhere near Brouwer's in Fremont, we will huddle up where Phinney Ave dead ends into the trail:­

Route--- Burke Gilman from Fremont to Lake Washington, North to Sammamish River Trail, South / East to Marymoor. Eat lunch near Marymoor at Blazin Bagels. Head back the same way we came. It's all a paved biking trail with other pedestrians (no cars).

Distance---between 50 and 60 total miles

Pace--- Mid level, noone will die... noone will fall asleep... this is a social ride but we are here for some exercise as well.

Duration---anywhere from 4 - 5.5 hours (depending on how many issues we encounter)

Who---Anyone with a bicycle, unicycle, or rollerblades that can travel that far. I have done the route on a mt bike, it is a pretty long haul for a heavy bike with suspension... but I know that some of you stud muffins could handle it if you really felt like joining us.

here is some misc trail info from the web:

"The Burke-Gilman segment is managed by the City of Seattle south of NE 145th Street. The trail begins at 11th Avenue NW in Ballard and follows along the Lake Washington Ship Canal and north along Lake Washington. At Blyth Park in Bothell the trail becomes the Sammamish River Trail and continues for 10 miles (16 km) to Marymoor Park, Redmond, on Lake Sammamish."