HSGP Humanities Project Monthly Cultural Presentation & Meeting
The Art of Travel
"The Art of Travel" : Excerpts from and riffs upon the book of that name by Alain de Botton. Among the topics to be touched upon are how the artistic viewpoint enhances the world as we travel and the influence of place upon art. An idiosyncratic essayist, de Botton explores a variety of places and discusses numerous artists in his book. I'll explore my favorites among his selections and offer a couple of my own in the same vein.
Bringing and sharing of snacks appreciated! Thanks!
- The HSGP Humanities Project will hold Open Meetings on the 3rd Friday of each month at 7pm at HCC. All are invited to attend. The first part of the meeting is given over to one or more of our HSGP members or guests to share with us some aspect of arts & humanities that they are passionate about! The second part of the meeting is for general business, ie planning of future events. Total meeting time approximately 2 hours.
- The HSGP Humanities Project will present arts & humanities related talks at 1-3 Sunday Speaker meetings in 2013.
- We will plan and execute at least one fundraiser for HSGP.
- Throughout the year we will plan excursions to various arts & humanities events in and around the Valley for those who wish to participate.
- On occasion we may hold fun artsy events at the HCC.
Hosted by Mike Franklin and your HSGP Humanities Project Committee.