Last Minute Humanities Project Outing!
Phoenix Festival of the Arts
Friday, Dec 13 thru Sunday, Dec 15
The Phoenix Center for the Arts is proud to partner with Arizona Humanities to bring together Valley artists, musicians, writers, students, and scholars to create a weekend-long cultural celebration sure to excite the whole family. The second annual Phoenix Festival of the Arts will take place in the heart of downtown Phoenix at Hance Park, December 13-15, 2013. This year’s theme explores Placemaking – the idea that our creative and cultural activities can transform our communities. Attendees are invited to explore this idea with us through film, drama, music, mural making, and so much more. In addition to the many arts and cultural organizations participating as vendors and exhibitors, art lovers will be able to enjoy local food truck cuisine and top-notch performances taking place on two stages.
Five main components of the event:
• Art vendors, who will be selling locally made original art.
• Participation of Valley arts and cultural organizations, small and large.
• Performances from poetry, choirs, dance, hip-hop, symphony, and folk.
• Family Zone, which will be a hands-on area for the youth to discover and play with art.
• Presentations & Discussions with regional scholars, storytellers, local historians and curators.
Friday 10am - 9pm, Saturday 10am - 9pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm
* * *
For more information, including parking and food: