**Postponed - watch for new date to be announced soon. Thank you!**
Urgent Request from Richard Dewey:
Fellow Humanist Kenton Brown needs our help!
Ken suffered a life-threatening illness, had major surgery, and faces more. He has been in hospitals and nursing facilities since April of this year. He is hoping to return home in the next couple of weeks..
During his absence, Ken's front and back yards have been unattended and are in dire need of a thorough clean-up. We are organizing an emergency work party to get the property looking good for his return home.
We will meet at Ken's house on both Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend from 8am-3pm. If you can come and pitch in, even if it isn't for the entire time, you will be doing a lot to help welcome him home to a nice, neat property.
We will need lots of tools and equipment, and multiples of many of them. Please bring what you can. When you RSVP, please put in the comments at the bottom of this Meetup what you plan to bring so that we will have an idea of what we can expect to have on hand.
• Dust masks
• metal rakes
• lawn rakes
• hula hoes, other weeding tools
• tree saws
• wheel barrows
• push brooms
• sweep brooms
• coolers, ice, bottled water
• work gloves
• tree pruners
• weed eater
• power mower
• garden hose (Ken’s hoses may leak)
• hammer and nails (to repair back fence)
• heavy duty bailing wire (to repair back fence) at least three 32-bag cases of heavy duty 42 Gal., 3 mil contractor trash bags (I will buy back what ever trash bags etc. we don’t use) electric extension cords for power tools
• anything else that might help
• If we can afford them, a couple of very large industrial tarps, with eyelets, can be used to cover an ATV, and other items, in his back yard
Ken has A/C outlets in both the front and back yards, which I presume are in working order.
I hope you can join us in helping our friend Kenton Brown. I look forward to working with you next weekend.