HSGP Humanities Project
Event: Open Meeting
Sharing: "My Favorite Music"
Here is your chance to share your favorite music with us, and you can hear a little bit of what other Humanist friends enjoy!
Those who want to will bring some of their favorite recorded music to play for us, up to about 15 minutes. We will have the equipment to play most formats, such as CD, Mp3, thumb drive, etc. If you prefer, you can bring your own device to play your music.
Please complete one of our App forms to let Mike, our fearless leader, know what music you plan to share and how much time you will need, so that he can make sure everyone has a chance to share. (Go to the brown bar at the top of this page, select "more", then "files". Click on "Humanities Project App". A Word document will open. Fill it out and either email it to Mike Franklin at [masked], or print it out and hand it to Mike when you see him.)
It is recommended that you check your song titles on ASCAP (www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx) to see if they are licensed.
Bringing goodies to share is always appreciated!
- The HSGP Humanities Project will hold Open Meetings on the 3rd Friday of each month at 7pm at HCC. All are invited to attend. The first part of the meeting is given over to one or more of our HSGP members or guests to share with us some aspect of arts & humanities that they are passionate about! The second part of the meeting is for general business, ie planning of future events. Total meeting time approximately 2 hours.
- The HSGP Humanities Project will present arts & humanities related talks at 3 Sunday Speaker meetings in 2012 (05/20/12 - Stolen Art; 09/09/12 - Music; 10/21/12 - Architecture).
- We will plan and execute at least one fundraiser for HSGP.
- Throughout the year we will plan excursions to various arts & humanities events in and around the Valley for those who wish to participate.
- On occasion we may hold fun artsy events at the HCC.
Hosted by Mike Franklin and your HSGP Humanities Project Committee.