HSGP Humanities Project
Monthly Cultural Presentation & Meeting
Dave Archibald presents
"World Travel & Photography"
Fellow Humanist and HSGP Member, David Archibald, will speak to us about Travel and Photography. He will focus on his travels to Norway, Russia, and Finland, plus photos of other parts of the world.
Bring paper & pen/pencil--there will be an interactive discussion.
David taught history and coached track for thirty years at Coronado High School in Scottsdale. He is a man of varied interests: he ran the Boston marathon in 1995; his book "Oak Leaves and Acorns" portrays the intriguing life of his parents; and his photography captures the spirit of his wanderlust.
Bringing and sharing of snacks appreciated! Thanks!
- The HSGP Humanities Project will hold Open Meetings on the 3rd Friday of each month at 7pm at HCC. All are invited to attend. The first part of the meeting is given over to one or more of our HSGP members or guests to share with us some aspect of arts & humanities that they are passionate about! The second part of the meeting is for general business, ie planning of future events. Total meeting time approximately 2 hours.
- The HSGP Humanities Project will present arts & humanities related talks at 1-3 Sunday Speaker meetings in 2013 (An Opera, Operetta, and Musical Theater Extravaganza - Sunday, March 24).
- We will plan and execute at least one fundraiser for HSGP.
- Throughout the year we will plan excursions to various arts & humanities events in and around the Valley for those who wish to participate.
- On occasion we may hold fun artsy events at the HCC.
Hosted by Mike Franklin and your HSGP Humanities Project Committee.