align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Humanist Society of Greater Phoenix (HSGP) Message Board › Game night evolution

Game night evolution

A former member
Post #: 2
I waited to respond to this thread, for 2 reasons: first of all, this topic upset me. I feel that my children in particular are not a part of this problem so much as a part of the solution. My daughter Celia is the oldest kid in HSGP. She takes it upon herself to watch over the littler kids - help them play, keep them safe, and break it up when they become too noisy. But also I wanted to attend another game night and see if it was just an internet mis-communication problem that could easily be solved in person. We did attend last month's game night, and the kids and I found it very frustrating.

Hi, Sadie --

How old is your Celia? I've only made it once (shrug/chagrin) to a HSGP meeting so far, and probably part of it was that I felt awkward wrangling my kids while I was there. Anyway, I'd love to offer to meet up offline sometime, especially if our kids are even remotely close in ages. Maya is almost 8, and Gavin is 4-1/2.

Also, I would be willing to help out with watching kids on a rotating basis IF it were planned out for the Game Nights. Who else would be interested?

Allison