addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Humanist Society of Greater Phoenix (HSGP) Message Board › Phoenix Pride Parade Details

Phoenix Pride Parade Details

Michal O.
user 12704818
Chandler, AZ
Hi all,

I am so excited to march in the parade Saturday! Just a couple quick details/reminders for everyone:

• A lot of streets will be closed off for this event and I am sure parking will be a nightmare. Justina and I will be taking the light rail into Phoenix. You can get off at the Thomas Rd/Central Ave Light Rail Station before the parade. After the parade, you can hop back onto the light rail at the Indian School/Central Light Rail Station.
  • The Parade starts promptly at 10:00am. Please arrive by 9:15 so we are in place and ready to go when the parade starts. We will congregate around the check-in area at 3rd Street and Windsor. If you can't find us, my phone number is (480) 290-3627.
  • The parade route is about a mile, so please wear comfy shoes/sandals to walk in!

• Please wear an HSGP or Humanist T-shirt. I will have a couple extra on hand for you to borrow or buy ($10 each).
  • I will also have a couple fun extras for those interested. I bought some rainbow feather boas and multi-colored mardi gras bead necklaces. If members want to wear any other gay pride types decorations, that is definitely encouraged.
  • After the Parade, feel free to join us as we explore the Pride Festival (Single day admission $15, Two-day admission $25).

The forecast is calling for sunshine and warm temperatures in the high 80s, low 90s! Don't forget your sunscreen and water!

See everyone Saturday morning!!!

Michal