addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Some of you will remember that I did an HSGP presentation on Global Warming a while back. I've written an essay on the topic. It is somewhat more technical than what you typically find in the general media, and I know it is too long. But if anybody wants to slog through it - have at it. Download the pdf at
http://files.me.com/j...­
A former member
Post #: 3
John, thanks. Slogging away.
A former member
Post #: 4
John, Slogged. Well done.
A former member
Post #: 3
Dave - thanks!

I'd like to hear what other HSGP members think - even if you don't slog through my essay.
A former member
Post #: 20
John thanks for the essay, I can say that I did learn a couple of things and enjoyed the paper.

That said, I'm going to skip most of the pleasantries and provide a little feedback as it seems more constructive than praise, hopefully you don't mind.

1. The frequent allusions to your own work were a bit of a stretch given the context, more relevant examples such as from climatology science would have been a vast improvement (CDMA, Ohm, Armstrong).

2. Very little analysis is provided on the feedback issue and yet you weigh in with an opinion. This is fine but some raw data to support your personal opinion would have been appreciated.

3. (formatting) It would have been nice if you broke figure 1 into 3 items each with its own page interlaced with the appropriate description and more analysis such as matching up Milankovitch cycle slices to peaks and valleys. I'm a little unclear on if/how the Milankovitch cycles can line back up with the provided data.

(from page 17) The Palaeoclimate theory requires both greenhouse gas and ice albedo forcing. Professor Lindzen’s observation would be problematic if theory only required greenhouse gas forcing. Sorry – you do get to discredit a theory by ignoring half of it! Dr. Rahmstorf is not the one who should be embarrassed here.

4. I could be wrong but I think you mean you don't get here.

I also had a few questions on items that I thought were of interest:

What do you think of the jet stream information such as that measured during the 9/11 no fly period?

(You alluded to this briefly but...) What do you think of the particulate theory that indicates as nations clean up that the reflectivity of clouds will go down and that the particulates provide a temporary masking feedback effect on the temperature?

Can you expand more on the "moisture vapor as energy absorption" point? It seems to be quite a significant point that is mentioned but it is mostly ignored once you get into analysis of the ice core information.

Finally, what do you think of the phytoplankton decline information and its relevancy to ocean temperature increases? This seems to signal one of the most important population declines imaginable and that even a slight change in the realm of 0.6C (actual) or 0.75C (Lindzen) still may be quite significant.
A former member
Post #: 2
FYI, here's another paper about the same thing, although it's much longer and more in-depth. I haven't finished reading it yet, so I can't comment. :-)

http://www.desmogblog...­