addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Humanist Community of Central Ohio Message Board › Support Group for Parents of Children with Autism

Support Group for Parents of Children with Autism

Johnda O.
johnda_oost
Columbus, OH
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,
This is Johnda Oost and I am very interested in forming a support group within HCCO for parents of children who are on the autism spectrum. I felt the need to form this group after searching for local autism support groups and finding very few in the Columbus area.
I was needing some feedback and would like to know what you think. Do you believe there is a need within HCCO for a group of this nature? If you were interested in this support group what would you want to see in it, what would you want to be offered? How frequently would you like the group to meet and where would be most convienient for you. The group will not only be open to parents of children on the spectrum, but I want grandparents, caregivers and others who are looking to share experiences and learn to feel welcome.
Thank you for your time,
Johnda Oost