addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Humanist Community of Central Ohio Message Board › 2/12 Meeting Summary and Choosing a Book for March

2/12 Meeting Summary and Choosing a Book for March

Heidi B.
user 22422171
Greensboro, NC
Hello there, Wo-Man Booker ladies!

This is Heidi here for the Wo-Man Booker Club.
First of all, thank you all for being a part of the Wo-Man Booker Club! I know I for one appreciate having a group of amazing ladies such as yourselves with whom to discuss some great literature.
Second of all, I just wanted to give a quick synopsis of last week's meeting for those of us who weren't able to make it.
1) We discussed "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell. We each went around at the beginning of the meeting and described our impressions of the book in one word; we came up with "disappointing" and "difficult". Many struggled with making sense of the connections between the stories, which weren't as strong as we would have liked. Afterwards, we talked about the themes of connection, struggle, and oppression.
2) We determined that we'd all like another chance to discuss the book, especially with the intricacy of the plot line and the fact that others didn't get a chance to discuss it with us.
Which brings us to the subject of next month's book selection. My question for you is....
Would you like to discuss "Cloud Atlas" at the March meeting to give us all another crack at it?
Let me know if this is something that would interest you by casting your vote in the discussion linked to this email. After I get your input, I'll make an announcement to the group on Wednesday.
If we decide that we'd like to tackle a different book, I'll send out a list of the last 10 Man Booker winners for us to choose from.
Well, I guess that's all for now. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions, comments, or just want to talk.
Until next time!
Heidi
P.S. If you don't want to receive Wo-Man Booker Club email updates, contact me at Heidi.L.Bretz@gmail.com­.