Humanists of Fort Worth Message Board Humanists of Fort Worth Discussion Forum › 46% Americans Believe In Creationism

46% Americans Believe In Creationism

Sam
user 18037361
Group Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 68
"Forty six percent Americans believed in creationism, 32 percent believed in theistic evolution and 15 percent believed in evolution without any divine intervention. The percent of Americans who believe in creationism has increased slightly by 2 percent over the last 30 years. The percent of Americans who believe in evolution has also increased by 6 percent over the last 30 years while the percent of Americans who believe in theistic evolution has decreased by 6 percent over the same time period.

"Regular church attendance is strongly positively correlated with believing in creationism, and negatively correlated with believing in theistic evolution and evolution. Among those who attend church weekly, two-thirds believe in creationism, 25 percent believe in theistic evolution and a mere 3 percent believe in evolution."

http://www.huffington...­

Biology teachers aren't getting through to their students evidently.
John F.
hiddenjohn
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 12
The preachers and the sunday school teachers get 'em 'way before the biology teachers do. Whether a person later decides to apply critical thinking to what she was taught starting before she could speak in complete sentences is up to her. We make our own choices and our own way in life. I came to rationalism comparitavely late, but I am surely glad I finally made it!