HRI is pleased to participate in this year's RI Pride Celebration.
Everyone is welcome - kids too.
2014 PRIDE TABLING SIGN-UP SHEET and other General Information
ADDRESS: South Water Street (off Memorial Ave.), Providence
IMPORTANT INFO: *We will have free condoms at our table - courtesy of Planned Parenthood. PLEASE BE SURE THAT ONLY THOSE WHO ARE OF AGE OF CONSENT ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE CONDOMS. Rhode Island’s age of consent: 16 years old.
Please feel free to volunteer for tabling and/or sign up as a contact person by commenting on Debbie's post below. If you view this information in our *secret* Facebook group this information may look different - but...it's all the same.
1. PRIDE provides 2 chairs & 1 table.
If you wish to bring your own chair please be sure that it doesn’t obstruct the view and/or performance of our table (i.e. face painting). Face Painting courtesy of Sarah Beth & Michelle Flitman
2. Unless anyone objects the maximum number of people under our “tent” should be limited to 3-4 people “tabling” and 2 people face painting. If space permits than others can hang out under the tent - but for sure ALL are welcome in front of, or beside the
3. It gets hot. So please be sure to bring cold drinks. Food, snacks, etc are also welcome at our table. :-) *We* can get pretty hungry!
4. All time frames are flexible. Please note if you will come late or leave early. Remember you are free to walk around the festival if there is any down time during your tabling time.
5. Attire - where your PRIDE - any way you like!
6. How to sign up? Just comment below with details. Debbie will merge the sign-up's from Meet Up and Facebook so we will know who we can expect to help out.
10:00/10:30AM - 1:00 PM (PrideFest begins at Noon)
Check in, unload cards and set up Team HRI Table (may require heavy lifting). For those who will be arriving early to set up Team HRI Table, please be polite & courteous when requesting to turn onto South Water Street. Let security know that you are arriving to set up the Humanists of RI Table #818.
(4 volunteers needed)
1:00 - 2:30PM - (4 volunteers needed)
2:30 - 4:00PM
- (4 volunteers needed)
4:00 - Breakdown 5:00/6:00PM (may require heavy lifting)
(4 volunteers needed)
6:00PM Team HRI volunteer(s) needed to be at Fountain & Empire Streets to sign-in for PARADE (PRIDE has paperwork for our vehicle). If possible be there prior to 6:00PM because THERE WILL BE A LINE.
(2 volunteers needed)
6:00PM - 7:30ish - We usually figure out a convenient place or 2 to grab a bite for dinner before proceeding to Parade Start. All are welcome regardless whether you can attend the Parade.
6:30 PM - *Team HRI ‘DOUBT’ CAR - needed at/near Fountain & Empire Streets
(thank you to Tony Houston & his husband Michael Crooks for allowing us to use their car)
*Fun stuff has been purchased to decorate Tony & Michaels Mini Cooper (seats 2).
7:30PM -ish Proceed to PARADE Route (Fountain & Empire Streets)
Look for Blue Convertible Mini Cooper - License Plate: ‘DOUBT’
EVERYONE is invited to join our group in the Parade!
The more the merrier!
Show up and walk with our Humanists of RI banner.
We also have light up maracas and other light-up accessories.
Be mindful and wear STURDY walking shows.
Strollers/wagons recommended for any little ones.
8:30PM PRIDEFest PARADE Begins!
After a short walk, there will be a “Staging Area” where our “Parade Entry” ‘DOUBT’ will be *judged*! Show your Humanist spirit and shake your “stuff” - maracas & other light ups of course!
If you cannot find a time slot that fits your schedule - just show up and have fun with Team HRI friends any time of the day!
REMINDER: Humanists of RI are located at Table #818.
For addt'l details about Pride, see RI Pride's web site - there are a lot of pre-Pride events happening: http://www.prideri.com/