addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Humanists of Rhode Island Message Board › New Meetup: Forum: Civil Rights Under attack

New Meetup: Forum: Civil Rights Under attack

Steve A.
user 8396372
Providence, RI
Announcing a new Meetup for Humanists of Rhode Island!

What: Forum: Civil Rights Under attack
When: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Beneficent Church
300 Weybosset St
Providence, RI 02903

Got this in my email:

I want to call your attention to an exciting event that RIMC is sponsoring on July 27th at the Beneficent Church on Weybosset St. in Providence from 7:00 to 9:00. It is a forum on the Attack on Our Civil Rights. It will feature four topics: Islamaphobia, Racial Profiling, Secure Communities, and the Formerly Incarcerated.

Our speakers include: Iman Ikram Ul-Haq, from Masjid Al-islam mosque, North Smithfield; Onna Moniz-John, NAACP and the Urban League, Will Lambek, ONA and Marlon Cifuentes, Organizational team at ONA, and Meko Lincoln, member of DARE.

We will have an interpreter from Spanish to English, babysitting available, and the forum is free, open to the public, and will serve light refreshments.

And since I'm going, I thought I'd invite my fellow Humanists as well. I think this is a good example of the kind of thing we can use this Meet Up site for. If you're going to or find out about an interesting meting or volunteer opportunity, throw it up on Meet Up, and we can maybe get a few of us to go.

Check it out!