Humanists of Rhode Island Message Board › Adopt-A-Highway program

Adopt-A-Highway program

Christine Eldridge
christineeld
Providence, RI
Post #: 16
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Based on the interest expressed at the meeting last night, I've started the application process for our group to be part of the Adopt-A-Highway program. There is a form that needs to be signed by all members who want to participate (parent signature also required if under 18). I'll bring the forms to the upcoming gift wrapping & dinner events.

The group will be committed to cleaning a 2 mile stretch of road, a minimum of 4 times a year. We will have a sign with the group's name on it posted at the beginning of our adopted highway section (the sign is provided free for non-profit and community groups).

We can request a specific road or area. Perhaps one of the state roads in Cranston?

Tangie Rene
user 17877731
Providence, RI
Post #: 1
I just wanted to say that I'm interested in participating in this project (and am looking forward to being able to attend meetings after this semester is over!!!)

Cranston sounds good. It's sort of in the middle of everything.

Thanks for taking care of the paperwork, Christine.
Christine Eldridge
christineeld
Providence, RI
Post #: 17
Got a response today from the RIDOT. Our application has been received, they are working on it, and everything looks good. They will be in touch shortly. We have asked for Park Ave, Route 12, in Cranston, from Reservoir Ave to Broad St.
Christine Eldridge
christineeld
Providence, RI
Post #: 18
Got the word today - we've been approved for the RI Adopt-A-Highway!
"The Humanists of Rhode Island have been approved for the Adopt A Highway permit request. The permit is authorized and will be mailed. The roadway is Park Avenue, between Reservoir and Warwick Avenues, in Cranston.
The signs will be erected in the near future. "

This is the route we wanted - we will be right in front of City Hall, Cranston HS East, the School Dept, as well as several churches & a temple. And we'll have signs that say "Adopt a Highway Keeping it Beautiful - Humanists of Rhode Island"

Will post our first clean-up date here & on the Facebook group page. We are committed to a minimum of 4 clean-ups a year. Looking at Sundays, maybe every other month. I like the suggestion of meeting first for breakfast, then heading out for the clean up. Any suggestions for breakfast places near Park Ave in Cranston?