align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Humanists of the Treasure Coast Message Board › Educating others about Humanism and Advocating for Equal Treatment

Educating others about Humanism and Advocating for Equal Treatment

Joe B.
user 10411516
Group Organizer
Stuart, FL
Post #: 9
The recent Supreme Court Decision allows municipalities to open meetings in honor of specific deities: eg. Jesus, Allah, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. No religious group in cluding atheists, agnostics and Humanists can be refused as long as we do not attempt to convert or demean any other group. Letting your friends and family know that you are a Secular American and that you strive to be an ethical person free from gods and religion will help others to come out of the closet. Our goal is to promote the equal treatment for those who are unable to advocate for themselves especially those in the military, in schools, hospitals and hospitals.
David K.
Curiousdwk
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 7
I am a new person here (in Vero Beach) after being very active in various Humanists groups in Massachusetts. I am a Humanist Celebrant and I would be interested in kowing how to approach organizations about giving "invocations" in public meetings.