***Posted for Informational Purposes Only - RSVPing here does not reserve your spot - Open to MSSF members only - Please use comments section for arranging car pools***
Quick Start forays are for people new to mushrooming or those interested in learning more about local fungi. We will meet at 10 AM in Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland. Send an email or call Paul Koski for details.
Space is limited, so make a reservation.
The foray is for MSSF members only.
You must join MSSF if you have not already and sign up for the foray through them: http://www.mssf.org/
They will not let you attend otherwise!
For those who have not attended a foray before here are some tips on things to bring.
1. A small trowel or knife to insure we get the whole mushroom & a little of the substrate.
2. Wax paper to wrap the mushrooms in for closer examination later (Whole Foods has wax paper bags).
3. Copies of the Quick Start Guide, a pencil & a field guide for mushrooms if you have one.
4. A basket, paper bag, or back pack to carry things around in.
5. Clothing & shoes appropriate for the weather.