Shoden level 1 Reiki Class
Come learn Reiki as taught and practiced by Mikao Usui.
Shoden Reiki classes will teach you traditional Japanese Reiki. In this class you’ll learn and practice Japanese techniques that can be used daily to ensure a clearer and stronger Reiki channel. These techniques have been missing from Western Reiki for more than 50 years.
Usui placed much greater focus on healing the SELF, than is generally done in Western Reiki. You will be taught self-healing meditations based on that used by Usui with his students - an extremely healing and relaxing process.
A free class manual written by world renowned reiki experts and authors Frans and Bronwen Stiene (founders of The International House of Reiki) and a Shoden Reiki level l certificate will be given at end of class.
Reiki Shoden Level I training includes the following:
- Return to the traditional roots of Reiki
- Study the five elements of Reiki
- The original meaning of Reiki
- In-depth look at the five precepts
- Learn the traditional use of symbols and mantras
- Develop inner spiritual growth and enlightenment
- Learn the Japanese energetic system (three diamonds)
- Receive traditional Japanese reiju (attunement)
- Historical account of Mikao Usui
The traditional Japanese Shoden techniques taught include:
- Kenyoku ho(dry bathing)
- Seishin Toitsu(creating a unified mind)
- Joshin kokyu ho(focusing the mind on one thing with breath)
- Shuchu Reiki(concentrated spiritual energy, or group healing)
- Gassho (creates unity within the body)
We'll also discuss some Western Reiki Techniques
- Chakra clearing and balancing
- Aura clearing
- Using spirit guides
This class is for everyone
Wear comfortable clothing. Bring a sack lunch and a bottle of water. Bring a pencil and notepad to take notes.
Shoden Level I class is a one–day intensive. Class is from 11am-5
The usual cost of a Shoden Level I Class is around $100 to $350. You are welcome to leave a donation of your choosing at the end of the class which will be shared with cancer support charities.