Hyderabad Bicycling Club Message Board › Shoulder pain with biking

Shoulder pain with biking

purushotham
user 84180032
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 4
Hi recently bought one new cycle and started riding.
Experiencing shoulder pain left side. :(
Any suggestions please.
A former member
Post #: 26
Seems like your handle is too low, either increase the handle height or reduce the seat height.
Raju A.
rajualluri
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 12
Please checkout this guide: http://www.humpert.co...­

Very elaborate, you may not be able to follow all the recommendations there, so focus on the pain points you have.

Hope this helps...
M Sridhar C.
user 11883398
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 14
Dear Purushotham,

I had experienced elbow joint pains when I started riding. It depends on the way we hold the handle bar. While riding, just see if your elbows are straight. That will transfer all the shocks and weight to your elbows and shoulders. Keep your elbows slightly bent.

I am assuming that you sit in a straight position and not in an aerodynamic ( fully bent forward) position.

Best regards

Flt.Lt.Sridhar
A former member
Post #: 96
my suggestions is ... RELAX. don't grip the handlebar too tightly. just rest your hands. relax your arms and elbows. give this a try. If this persists, it could be a bike fit (heights and lenghts of saddle, handle, etc not tweaked to your personalization) or even worse a bike size (bought a smaller/larger cycle frame) issue
Aroon
user 19051561
Hyderabad, IN
Post #: 126
it could be vitamin D deficiency as well, consult a physician