The rules for an individual time trial race, following the UCI Rules:
Warm up area
Rider can perform warm up inside the university. A rider but should not ride on the course, starting from 30 minutes from the first rider's start time.
Riders will start according to their standing in the club's results book. For this race, the starting time will be decided based on the overall rank in the Cross Country race. The rider with the best ranking will start last, the 2nd best will start one before last etc.
New riders will start first, at no particular order.
- All riders must present themselves for checks on their bicycles no later than 15 minutes before their start time.
- The rider shall start from a stationary position. He shall be held and then released, without being
pushed, by a holder. The same holder shall perform the task for each rider.
- The course is safe and marked. There are white arrow marks on the road - before each turn, inside the turn and after the turn. Arrow signs - black arrows on white background will be posted before and near turns on the side of the road.
- Distance marks will be posted at 7.5km, 5km, 2.5km, 1km to the finish.
- It is the responsibility of the rider to be familiar with the course, in case one of the signs fall or being taken by people along the course. The course map is available here.
- All the turns, except for one turn along the course are left turns, to prevent any interference with traffic.
- Riders must obey all trafic rules. At no time shall a rider cross the center line of the
road, regardless of being marked with a line or not. An infraction of the rule will
result in a disqualification.
Finishing times shall be taken to the nearest second at least.
If possible, intermediate times will be taken.Race Procedure
No Drafting: If one rider is caught up by another, he may neither lead nor follow in the slipstream of the rider who caught up. A rider, upon catching up with another shall leave a lateral gap of at least 2 metres between himself and the other rider, unless the road conditions prevent it. After 1 km, the rider caught up shall ride at least 25 m away from the other.
No drafting after or near vehicles.Categories
There will be no categories in the race - one category for all riders, regardless of gender, age, or bicycle.
Points will be used to collect information across races and define the overall best riders at the end of the year.
The first 8 riders will get points, in the following order:
1st place - 10 pts.
2nd place - 8 pts.
3rd place - 6 pts.
4th place - 5 pts.
5th place - 4 pts.
6th place - 3 pts.
7th place - 2 pts.
8th place - 1 pts.
Rest of the riders will not receive points. General
- No Unsportsmanlike Like Conduct - Be considerate of those around you, including
fellow racers, pedestrians, motor vehicles, and residents. We are guests of the university, future permitting depends on our behavior.
- No Littering – Littering will not be tolerated. Do not dispose of gel packs on the
road or any other garbage, not during the ride and not around the start and finish area.