addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Ann M.
AnnMillerTX
Dallas, TX
I'm back from my Aussie adventure and celebrated my return by dancing at the Electric Cowboy last night.  It was great to dance a few dances and to catch up with friends.  While I was away we had 36 new members join the MeetUp group.

Wow...we continue to grow.  There are a lot of people out there, just like you looking for someone to dance a few dances, to take lessons, to make new friends and just to go out to have fun.  Don't be shy, when you are out, please come over and say hello.  I try to say hello to everyone as they join the MeetUp group but when we are out and about I may not recognize you from your picture.  If I see there are lots of newbies coming I try to print out a MeetUp sign so you know the general area of where to find us.  Sometimes that's just not possible, we may only have a table to set our drinks on--those are the nights I like best, lots of dance partners and no time to sit down.

Thank you to those that posted events while I was away and kept things going--keep up the great work!  For those of you who are new, the calendar is open, anyone can add an event, a lesson or a quick *hey I'm going here anyone want to meet up to dance* entry.  I can't guarantee the math will work out and you will have a partner, there are many nights that I don't have a partner for the dance lessons, but I always enjoy myself and have fun.

Two things made me smile last night....a newbie dancer who was reluctant to dance with anyone before I left on my trip dancing with another newbie last night and helping her learn to dance.  Number 2 the members of our group who understand the importance of giving back and helping those that are just learning.  It always helps to dance with a more experienced dancer when you are still learning.  I know from experience that when I was just learning when I got a chance to dance with a really good dancer it made me feel like I could really catch onto this dancing thing.

There are some events posted for the weekend.  I plan to dance as much as possible to make up for 3 weeks away from the dance floor.  If you're still feeling a little scared about taking that first step, please come out and try.  You may find that dancing is something that can bring a lot of joy into your life.  It certainly worked for me.

Keep dancing...

Ann