Need A Dance Partner? Message Board › Where are you dancing?

Where are you dancing?

Ann M.
AnnMillerTX
Dallas, TX
Wow, the membership numbers continue to rise.  Just about every day I receive one or two emails of new members joining this group.  Today I went in and removed a few folks who haven't visited the site in over a year and we are still very close to the 600 member mark.

I noticed today that the number of dancers in the Fort Worth area seems to be growing.  I'm not familiar with much in that part of the metroplex, so I'm going to ask for some help from some of the folks in that part of the world.  I'm looking for dance venues and classes to be added to the calendar.  Please....

For those of you who are new to the group, the calendar is open and anyone can post and or host an event.  Hosting an event doesn't come with any special sash or award...it's just a matter of bringing a sign and being a friendly face to the newbies arriving for the night.  My work calendar is completely full for February, so I won't be around much.  Once again I'm asking for help to post events and to host events.  I know that there are lots of times when people think that no one will be at a particular venue, and I know that there are lots of my dancing group friends going to be there.

If you're looking at the venue, the lessons, the attendance and thinking there's no one my age, my type, my dancing ability there--so I'm not going, this group isn't for me.  Add something to the calendar, and send out an announcement.  There are lots of people here that fit into all sorts of categories.  My best advice is to be open, and to have a little fun on the dance floor with those who happen to be there for the evening.

Keep dancing, sign up for some of the events on the calendar and have a little fun this month. (For me...I'm going to be in California, Montana and of all places Fort Worth for a few days.)

Ann

P.S. If anyone has information about the Wednesday night classes at the Electric Cowboy in Lewisville, will you let me know.  I could not find anything on the web site and I'm not sure if Gary Long is still offering classes there on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Lisa
user 18581971
Irving, TX
Post #: 3
Ann, you are the best! My goal is to start back in March!! Look forward to meeting all the new people then!!