Need A Dance Partner? Message Board › August? It's my 5 year Texi-versary!

August? It's my 5 year Texi-versary!

Ann M.
AnnMillerTX
Dallas, TX
It was five years ago yesterday when I rolled into Dallas to start a new life.  I had no clue at that time that I would be a boot scootin' honky tonk sort of girl 5 years later.  I've had many great adventures and made so many friends through dancing and this Meet Up group.
I had an email from a new member this week--and since we seem to be constantly growing I decided the answer was worth sharing.  We are nearly at 800 members..wow.
First you set this site up but I guess this is primarily a site where people learn to dance? Because I don't think I've ever seen a meet-up for people to just dance or maybe that does happen at the meet-ups.
When I set up this group in 2009 it was a place for people that were looking for a dance partner to connect.  It has an open calendar, anyone in the MeetUp group can add an event, a lesson or a venue.  There are some great people that have really been helping me by adding events to the calendar.  (Thank you Bryce!) At all of the venues that lessons are posted, Steppers, Cowboys Arlington and Dallas and the Electric Cowboy have lessons that last for about an hour and then there is social dancing for the rest of the evening.
There are quite a few members who I've never met on the Meet Up site, and there are a large number of people who don't RSVP, but who are out dancing at the various venues.  Never look at an event posted and think that those are the only people that will be there.  For example, there are groups of regulars at Red River and the Electric Cowboy every Friday night.  I'm sure that's the case for most of the events listed.
It's pretty hot out there this week, but the honky tonk's are cool, the dancing is great, and there are still lots of people out there looking for dancing partners.
...what are you waiting for? C'mon out and join the fun!

Ann