addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Need A Dance Partner? Message Board › City of Lewisville needs a Western Swing instructor for their Western Days e

City of Lewisville needs a Western Swing instructor for their Western Days event!

David B.
user 12261884
Allen, TX
Post #: 3
Hey everybody!

So, I used to teach east coast swing at the MCL Grand Theater in Lewisville. When their Western Days Festival came around they asked me if I'd like to teach a beginners western swing class. I'd never done western swing before, but they were in a hurry to find an instructor and from some videos I saw on youtube it didn't look too dissimilar from east coast swing, so I did them a favor and took the gig. It ended up being one of my east coast swing classes with some adaptations based on the videos I'd seen online to western swing music. Everyone in attendance had great fun and didn't know the difference except for one guy who I think knew I was new at this.

I'd like to get them an ACTUAL western swing instructor this year. Not that I can't handle it again if they absolutely need me to (and I could use the money too), but I'd prefer that they actually have someone who's been doing it for a while.

If you're interested or you know someone who might be, email me at hipaudio@gmail.com. I will probably not be checking this post for responses.