I Read Dead People Message Board › Not forgotten

Not forgotten

A former member
Post #: 180
I know I have been out of town a lot in the past year and unable to make the meetups. But I have not forgotten you. My project in Rochester is essentially done and I plan to get back in the groove soon.

Plus, I just learned yesterday that (for some odd reason) my emails from ALL meetup groups have been going in my Spam folder. Not sure how that happened, but I think I have it corrected.

Hope to see you all soon at a meetup!
Dave D
Dave_D_Nashville
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 357
Glad you will be back! I had the same spam experience. Not sure what's up with that.
Sylvia
Photoshop_Fiend
Nashville, TN
Post #: 129
Glad you will be back! I had the same spam experience. Not sure what's up with that.
If you use Outlook, it's a "feature". :)

A few days ago at the office I tracked down another new lovely Outlook feature that was suddenly plaguing some our Windows users. When they'd try to print email, Outlook changed the paper size to A4. As our group is not located in the London office, this brought the huge common printer/copier/fax/machine/car-wash machine to a grinding halt every time, throwing following print requests into Queue [1] Purgatory.

Should this happen to you, here's a hint: MS Office has at least three separate places to set paper size, one of which, at least, the one buried the deepest, contains the Outlook feature that gleefully over-rides "Auto" in the paper tray selection and sets it to "A4". I assume that, in the London office, it sets the paper to 8.5 x 11.

The Mac OS, of course, does not allow infiltration into its printing software, so Mac users forced to run Outlook on company machines are not affected.