I am Happy Project - Hong Kong, China Message Board › Life is so precious

Life is so precious

A former member
Post #: 1
As I sit here in front of my computer typing this, news reports are all announcing the same thing. I can hear the voice of the TV presenter talking about the earthquake that has hit Japan.

About the death, the destruction, and the suffering that is happening all over the country.

This is less than a month after a devastating earthquake hit New Zealand killing nearly 200 people.

These weren't people fighting a war or doing dangerous activities, these were people sitting at their desk or sitting in their lounge room when the world as they knew it, collapsed around them.

They were people, just like you, who had their world finished. Just like YOU could.

These disasters have been playing on my mind for quite a while now and it is really bringing a very important message.

Life is so precious. Sooo precious. And it could end in any moment.

And when it does, you won’ t get a second chance. There is no 'do-overs', there is no 'One more time...'

It will be done.

Have a look at where you are right now. Imagine the ground shaking under your feet. Imagine the walls cracking and collapsing around you. Imagine the ceiling fall down on top of you. Imagine yourself pinned to the ground with the weight of a massive concrete slab pinning your legs to the floor. Imagine this was your last minute alive, how would you feel about how you spent it?

Is this really how you want to spend your last minutes on earth?

What do you really want to be doing? Is this really what you want to be doing with your life?

Sure, people might judge you, people might disown you, but is that really going to matter when your heart stops beating and the final gasps of air leave your lungs for the last time?

How important is that new shirt you bought going to be? Or that new car, new watch, new house? How important is the balance in your bank account?

Is living your life by any one else's standards really going to be that meaningful when the last drops of blood are pumped through your veins?

From the second you were born, you start to die. Every second you have on earth is one second closer to the ultimate finish. You're dying. Second by second, your life is draining away. You don't know when it's going to end but it's going to end. And when it does, how will you look back on your life?

How satisfied will you be with the legacy you left behind?

How satisfied will you be with the life you lived?

You have an amazing opportunity right now. One that thousands of people around the world wish they had at the second their life ended. That amazing opportunity is life. It's precious. It's fragile. And it's in your hands.

What are you going to do with it?

You have the opportunity, right now, to create a fulfilling and rewarding world. You have the opportunity to make a difference to someone's life. You have an opportunity to let those you love know just how precious they are to you. You have an amazing
opportunity, what are you going to do with it?

To everyone in Japan and anywhere around the world that's suffering
destruction, pain, and misery, our best wishes are with you.
A former member
Post #: 1
Very good sharing, it reminds me how lucky I am! :)

As I sit here in front of my computer typing this, news reports are all announcing the same thing. I can hear the voice of the TV presenter talking about the earthquake that has hit Japan.

About the death, the destruction, and the suffering that is happening all over the country.

This is less than a month after a devastating earthquake hit New Zealand killing nearly 200 people.

These weren't people fighting a war or doing dangerous activities, these were people sitting at their desk or sitting in their lounge room when the world as they knew it, collapsed around them.

They were people, just like you, who had their world finished. Just like YOU could.

These disasters have been playing on my mind for quite a while now and it is really bringing a very important message.

Life is so precious. Sooo precious. And it could end in any moment.

And when it does, you won’ t get a second chance. There is no 'do-overs', there is no 'One more time...'

It will be done.

Have a look at where you are right now. Imagine the ground shaking under your feet. Imagine the walls cracking and collapsing around you. Imagine the ceiling fall down on top of you. Imagine yourself pinned to the ground with the weight of a massive concrete slab pinning your legs to the floor. Imagine this was your last minute alive, how would you feel about how you spent it?

Is this really how you want to spend your last minutes on earth?

What do you really want to be doing? Is this really what you want to be doing with your life?

Sure, people might judge you, people might disown you, but is that really going to matter when your heart stops beating and the final gasps of air leave your lungs for the last time?

How important is that new shirt you bought going to be? Or that new car, new watch, new house? How important is the balance in your bank account?

Is living your life by any one else's standards really going to be that meaningful when the last drops of blood are pumped through your veins?

From the second you were born, you start to die. Every second you have on earth is one second closer to the ultimate finish. You're dying. Second by second, your life is draining away. You don't know when it's going to end but it's going to end. And when it does, how will you look back on your life?

How satisfied will you be with the legacy you left behind?

How satisfied will you be with the life you lived?

You have an amazing opportunity right now. One that thousands of people around the world wish they had at the second their life ended. That amazing opportunity is life. It's precious. It's fragile. And it's in your hands.

What are you going to do with it?

You have the opportunity, right now, to create a fulfilling and rewarding world. You have the opportunity to make a difference to someone's life. You have an opportunity to let those you love know just how precious they are to you. You have an amazing
opportunity, what are you going to do with it?

To everyone in Japan and anywhere around the world that's suffering
destruction, pain, and misery, our best wishes are with you.