addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

I am Happy Project - New York, NY Message Board › Does this sound familiar to you too?

Does this sound familiar to you too?

A former member
Post #: 105
Lately since I've moved into another position in work-- my co-workers all seem to be "taken back" by my all around good nature and friendliness with our customers. We all seem to get along OK but it has been brought to my attention by a few co-workers. My supervisor has never brought this fact to my attention, But still it bothers me that my work performance seems to come under close observation by my co-workers.
I gather that my co-workers consider their work as "just a job" and only really care about the $$$. But to me --my job gives me MORE than that--- my job gives me a feeling of self worth- and accomplishment.

Now of course its EZ to be friendly with certain customers. We had a guy who would bend over backwards to help a customer-- Providing they were Women aged 16-45 or so--- I guess you get the picture-right?

We all accepted it for what it was. But even though I am a Man-- I greet everyone who comes up to my counter with a warm and friendly "Hi-- How are YOU doin'? It doesn't matter if my customer is 15 or 105- if they are a man or woman-- they get the same sincere greeting.

So why are MY co-workers so worked up over this..... I thought that maybe some of my "charming nature" would rub off on my co-workers--- but to no avail------ I am still considered the "odd ball" of sorts because I continue to go out of my way to give my customers the very best service available.

Soooooo-- have any other Do-Gooders out there --been down that same street?? I would really really like to know. JJ from Long Island.

PS--- customers are often commenting about the great service they get from me. Often in the presence of my co-workers who "over-hear" every word.