I am Happy Project - San Francisco, CA Message Board › Volunteer Info ...
San Francisco, CA
I hope this finds you and yours well and happy.
As the Holiday Season is, again, soon to come, it's, also, time to
help those in need and be (even more) gracious to one another.
I am simply forwarding this information to you in the hopes that
you -- and/or others you may know -- would be willing to assist.
Having done some work w/ the Meals-on-Wheels organization,
I rec'd the following letter (below).
If not yourselves, please, pass this information on.
For some of you, I know your lives are very busy.
Yet, perhaps, you'd be willing to access some of your "extensive rolodexes" !?
If you could assist for a few minutes in helping to get-the-word out,
that'd be great !!! A click-of-the-mouse is all it will take..
Thank you for your time.
Have a wonderful day !!
Dear Friends of Meals on Wheels,
Yes, Thanksgiving is coming!! Please let me know if you would like to participate, and how.
Delivery volunteers bring meals to 5-10 clients, using their own cars, starting in shifts at 8:00am, and leaving every 15 minutes until the last delivery at 12:30p. Shifts last 2-3 hours.
We also need volunteers who staff the office helping to make things work as we greet and send out volunteers. There will be a variety of 3-5 hour long shifts from 7:30a-2p.
As for kids, office work is not a great activity for them—it can get a little boring. But it’s GREAT to have kids of all ages go on routes.
Please write me letting me know…
1) if you want to participate;
2) the names of everyone who will be in your car, and the ages of any children;
3) your contact info, including email address and cell phone that day;
4) If you are alone, whether you have your own car, and are willing to deliver with another single volunteer (we can’t send volunteers out by themselves); and
5) your preferred shift time (we will do our best to accommodate people, especially those who respond earliest).
So, please let me know ASAP if you wish to participate. And share this opportunity with your friends—spread the word!!
Danie Belfield, Volunteer Program Associate
Meals on Wheels of San Francisco
1375 Fairfax Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
Nourishing the Whole Person Since 1970
Interested in volunteering?
Learn more here.
Please join us on Facebook
Meals On Wheels Core Services
• Delivery of 14 Meals Per Week
• Safety Check by Delivery Drivers
• Nutrition Education and Counseling
• Social Work and Case Management
• Support for Client Needs
• Volunteers To Assist Clients
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco, Inc. 1375 Fairfax Ave. | www.mowsf.org
Leslie Nipps | Director of Volunteer Department | 415-343-1325 | email@example.com
Danie Belfield | Volunteer Program Associate | 415-343-1311 | firstname.lastname@example.org