What do you say guys and gals? Lets bundle up and walk for some chocolate, and possibly hang out with other people as well!
It's 2013, lets get out and get moving!
I will decide on a designated spot to meet at a later date. We will be walking the 5k , but if you want to run or jog we will try and keep up!
I will have a red or pink boa on .
This event is for everyone and anyone but if you are single , more power to ya!
Upon registering , make sure you include your age and relationship status.
You can bring a friend as well! This is going to be so much fun! Dress warm!
We may decide while we are down there to grab a bite to eat at Morgan street brewery but we will decide that day.
St. Louis' Sweetest 5K
2012 Race Results Overall and Age Group
Photos for from Run for the Chocolate!
Get your heart healthy for Valentines Day and Run for the Chocolate. This exciting new 5K returns to the the streets of Downtown St. Louis to spice up Valentine's weekend for couples and singles alike.
When: Sunday, February 10th, 2013. Race starts at 9:00 am. Registration will be open at 7:00 am.
What: A 5K run from Laclede's Landing to Crown Candy Kitchen and Back. 5K too much? We will also have a 1 mile Walk for the Chocolate. It could be cold and snowy- so be prepared for Midwestern Winter. Timing will be provided by Big River Running Company.
Where: The Run for the Chocolate Start and Finish will be on O'Fallon Street- just North of the Lumiere Casino.
Packet Pick-Up: We will have Race Packet Pick Up at Little Shark Athletic Company from 10:00am - 6:00pm on Saturday February 9th. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE PACKET PICK UP (and avoiding lines on Race Day!!)
NOTE: You have to pick up your packet in person- we will need a wet signature on our insurance waiver.
Registration Information: Cost for the Run or Walk is $30. Race day registration is $40. There will be a slight surcharge for online registration. Race entry for Happy Couples that register together for the run or walk is $50. (This category is for'romantic' couples- married or not quite married...) You can register LIVE on Saturday, February 9th from 10:00am to 6:00pm at Little Shark Athletic Company, 6176 Delmar Blvd. You can register ON RACE DAY from 7:00am until 8:30am. Please note: There are NO REFUNDS.
Shameless Plug: Check out our Nine Mile Trail Run on February 3rd, 2013, The Nippy Niner and the end of winter celebratory Running of the Noses on March 9th, 2013.
Racers will be categorized by age and relationship status. Please identify if you are one of the following:
- Off the Market Men
- Off the Market Women
- Cougar Woman 40+
- Serial Dater Men 40+ (Manther)
- New For this Year- The "It's Complicated Category" with Three Person Team "Love Triangle" or the Two Person Team "Afraid of Committment" categories.
Age Groups for Bachelor, Bachelorette and Off the Market Categories will be:
- 12-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-70, 70+
- Register by clicking on the RunReg.com link...below.
Race Goodies- all racers will recieve sweet schwag.
- Run for the Chocolate Signature Event Shirt (Will Run for Chocolate). These will differentiate between ON and OFF the Market participants. So you will know who you can schmooze after the race.
- Edible Medals. Everyone wins.
- Post race Hot Chocolate.
- Winners of the Bachelor and Bachelorette Age Group will win a Blind Ice Cream Date at Bissingers with their opposite gender age group winner.
- Winners of the Off the Market Categories will receive a romantic Desert Date with their significant other.
- Get Lucky: We will be raffling off romantic prizes post race.
Official Chocolate: St. Louis' Favorite Bissingers is bringing their mighty chocolate skills to the event as the "Official Chocolatier" of the Race.
Volunteer: Can't run? Like Chocolate? We can make sure you're helpful and sweetened. Email[masked]
Sponsor: For sponsorship options for local business check out our PROGRAM- contact Mike Weiss