"It's Almost FRIDAY!" Knit and Crochet Group Message Board › Scrap blanket for charity - anyone interested?

Scrap blanket for charity - anyone interested?

A former member
Post #: 3
Is anyone interested in knitting a group blanket for Project Linus? Just use any left over yarn you have and we each take turns knitting it. You choose the color and design you want to use for your portion of the blanket. Anyone interested? We can discuss at the next meetup.
A former member
Post #: 4
Sounds like a good idea.... i don't think i have time to finish a blanket by myself for the Linus Project.... this would be a good solution :)
Alice S.
user 7709521
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 8
What fun! Should maybe request that it be brought each week to the mtg. to show progress & encourage others?
A former member
Post #: 34
I would love to be involved but I can't knit.
A former member
Maybe we can do one for the knitters and one for the crocheters. That way everyone can be involved.
Jan B.
janbyrd
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 3
I believe knitting and crochet squares can co-exist in a blanket as long as they are exactly the same size.
A former member
Post #: 35
Sounds good.

I will try to make it to the meetup tonight - I got out of my softball game due to my parents being in town. If they leave early enough, I'll drop by!
Jan B.
janbyrd
Round Rock, TX
Sorry to be a no-show last night. Got caught up in the BCS football final hoopla.

Was it decided last night how big the squares need to be? Anything else to know?
Alice S.
user 7709521
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 9
This is VERY important if you are going to knit and/or crochet squares. You should have a cardboard piece that is the pattern size for everyone to make, or perhaps a gatekeeper (Anna?) to approve the square sizing in the making? When I was in Girl Scouts (ages ago), we all did this kind of a project by each knitting a 4" square. The size variance of all the squares made it prohibitive to complete the blanket. Of course, we could do one of those "free form" projects like those LaVerne had in a pattern-book, and someone could crochet them all together???
Anna H.
user 7104356
Portage, MI
Post #: 28
I think this is a great idea! :) Do you all want to do a blanket from squares or just pass the blanket around and someone adds a few rows with a yarn of their choosing? If you do the second idea, we'll have to have a knitted blanket and a crocheted blanket. If we do squares, let's all decide on a size and stick to it. Thanks for posting this great idea, Erin! :)