add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

"It's Almost FRIDAY!" Knit and Crochet Group Message Board › Crochet events this weekend (April 16th to 18th) in Georgetown

Crochet events this weekend (April 16th to 18th) in Georgetown

Markethill, GB
Post #: 20
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this group, and I wanted to let you know that there are some crochet events happening this weekend in our neck of the woods. Some of you may be on Ravelry or may even be part of the Austin Knitting and Crocheting Meetup group, others may not. I've already posted this info in those places:

Laurie Wheeler, founder of the CLF - Crochet Liberation Front (don't be put off by the name, we don't bite) - is coming to town, more precisely Georgetown this Saturday, Sunday and Monday. There will be a meet and greet at Duke's Smokehouse in Georgetown on Saturday from 11 to 2. On Sunday afternoon, Laurie (or Fearless Leader as we have named her) will be holding a workshop on yarn substitution. On Monday night (7 to 11pm), the Flamies will be taking place at the Landmark in Georgetown. The Flamies (created by the CLF) are the crochet equivalent of the Oscars or the Academy Awards. Crocheters from all over the world vote for their favorite designers (in different categories), crochet friendly companies, magazines, etc.... The results of this year's voting will be revealed at the Flamies Red Carpet event. This event is also broadcast live on the Getting Loopy podcast with winners being contacted live on air, and we're hoping for a live webcast too. Places are limited for both the workshop and the Flamies, so please book asap. The link to the website to find out more and to book your spot is: http://www.crochetlib...­

Laurie Wheeler will also be heading out to the Knitting Nest Saturday night (7 to 9pm, I think) for an informal gathering. Karen Ratto-Whooley is flying in from Seattle to teach 3 different crochet classes at the Knitting Nest on the Saturday and Sunday. Please check the Knitting Nest website for class times and prices. You will need to contact them directly if you'd like to book a class. Karen is one of this year's nominees for the Flamies.

If you are on Ravelry, there is a good chance I have contacted you personally- please check your messages - and given you links to the CLF board. If you need more info, or if you have any questions, I will check this message board as well as the CLF board. You can also pm me on Ravelry - my name is minimomes1.

Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone who you think would be interested in this and is not a part of this group. All crocheters of all abilities are welcome.

Thank you and hope to see a few of you this weekend,

user 7112440
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Morgan and I are going to Knitting Nest Sat. night. You do need to call and get on list. I bought my ticket for Monday night weeks ago.
Markethill, GB
Post #: 22
I'll see you on Monday night - I've booked my spot.