"It's Almost FRIDAY!" Knit and Crochet Group Message Board › Got a question for the knitters

Got a question for the knitters

Jan B.
janbyrd
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 5
After almost 40 years of crocheting, I'm trying to build up my knitting skills. I'll bring some stuff on Thursday night to ask about, but I'd like to know why my current scarf (stockinette), 20-stitches wide, is curling like icord (spelling?) from the sides.

A former member
Post #: 7
Curling is typical with stockinette stitch
A former member
Post #: 5
Hey,

I've heard if you add a border of knit (2-4 stiches) it will help with the curling issue :)

I hope that helps.
Jan B.
janbyrd
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 7
Do you mean begin and end each row with 2-4 knitted stitches, or add them on afterwards, or what do you mean about 2-4 knit stitches? (Sorry, I'm still pretty obtuse about knitting lingo.)

Also, about the curling -- is that something to steam or iron out afterwards? or will a border be required?

I'm knitting this nice wide scarf and it's a tube ....
A former member
Post #: 6
Hello,

I meant begin and end each row with a few knit stiches (you can determine how many you want)... and it would require starting over. Bring it tomorrow night and you can get help from the group to turn your tube back into a fabulous scarf.

:)