This meetup is designed to encourage all members interested in Ask An Atheist tabling at the Redlands Market night on April 25. We would like your input on things such as pamphlet design, shift rotations, and setup/clean up. As a group we will be going over-
-We are doing the "Ask An Atheist" tabling to spread the good word about the IEAA in particular and the secular movement in general.
- We are there to encourage non-believers to come out of the closet and to encourage those who are interested to engage in political activism to advance the secular cause and state/church separation.
- We are there to educate the public by explaining what Atheism/secularism/freethought/Agnosticism is and what it is not in a respectful, non-argumentative, competent manner.
- We are not there to bash religion or believers, or to debate theology with religionists, so we all need to politely but firmly decline to engage anyone in such discourse.
- We are not there to convert religionists to Atheism nor are we there to argue, or to judge, or to criticize anyone's belief system or world views.
- We are not there to solicit donations and we need to find out whether we are permitted to accept unsolicited donations.
- We are there to present the IEAA and the larger secular movement in an approachable, friendly, positive light.
- We will walk away from anyone who gets rowdy with us and call the police immediately.
This meeting is highly recommended for all that want to be involved with Ask An Atheist at the Redlands Market Night. It is also open for anyone that cannot attend the April 25 meetup but might be able to participate in future ones.
Thanks to all involved for your group participation!!!- John K Stephens III (Debate Team Leader)