Join us for a FUN event EVERY Sunday morning!
This hike celebrates the life of Cliff, one of our members who recently died but never missed a Sunday while alive!
ABOUT THE HIKE: Want to have fun and stay healthy too? Want to lose a few pounds? Join us for some exercise AND enjoy the wonders of nature at the same time! Why work out in a dingy gym? This exercise is fun and the views from the top are absolutely awesome! It takes about a half hour to hike up and a half hour down, maybe 45 minute each way at a slower pace. Yes, we know this means getting out of bed early. but you will be glad you did! So get out of bed and join us! ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? This is an easy hike, but may be strenuous for anyone who is not in good physical condition. Bring a bottle of water and wear comfortable shoes. If you are a jogger this will be a VERY easy hike, but if you never get any exercise you may want to try walking in your neighborhood for a few weeks before you do this hike.
FOOD: Each week we meet at the base of the mountain, hike up, enjoy the amazing view, talk for a while, solve all the world's problems, hike back down, and have a light breakfast or early lunch at one of the local restaurants nearby. If you prefer to hike and skip the food that's fine too.
DIRECTIONS: Mount Rubidoux Memorial Park is located on the western edge of downtown Riverside, just a few minutes off the 91 Freeway. From the 91 Freeway exit at the Mission Inn / University Off Ramp Proceed west on either Mission Inn Boulevard or University to Redwood Drive. Turn left on Redwood to 9th Street Turn right on 9th and go one block to the Park entrance (where 9th street ends)
BRIEF DIRECTIONS: Get on 9th street and go north until it ends!
1. We now split into TWO groups and meet at the top. One group takes the gentle paved trail, the other takes challenging dirt paths to the top. EITHER WAY, YOU WILL HAVE FUN!
2. PLEASE try to arrive a few minutes early because we like to start the hike on time. We meet in front of the 9th street entrance gate.
3. Also, PLEASE RSVP since we will wait a while at the start point IF we know you are coming and you are a little late.
4. Friendly dogs are welcome but remember that dogs must be on a short leash.
5. No toilets in the park. Don't forget to pee before you leave your house.
6. FREE parking on parts of 9th street and some others, but be careful since some of the streets are residents only parking.
7. FREE admission to the park.
8. If you are an experienced hiker and/or do aerobic exercise, please see the more advanced hikes posted by Gene Sherman. The Mt. Roubidoux hike is a great way to get in shape for more difficult hikes.
The Red Dot is where we meet.
The Blue areas are the closest parking areas for non-residents.