June 6, 2013 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
- Introduction to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Using Oracle Solaris11 technologies for building ECI R&D and Product private clouds
Mark Markman, ECI
- Use case : Cloud security design and implementation - Orgad Kimchi
Introduction to Oracle Israel R&D (5 min)
Yohan Albo, Oracle R&D Site Leader
Introduction to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (10 min)
Oracle’s private cloud products include a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class, integrated applications, platform, and infrastructure products and solutions. Private clouds enable organizations to have complete control and visibility over security, regulatory compliance, service levels and functionality. In today's introduction talk, we will discuss Oracle's vision and infrastructure offering for cloud computing and go over a few case studies.
Frederic Pariente is a regional director in the ISV Engineering group at Oracle Systems. With engineering teams and labs around the world, ISV Engineering helps Oracle's partners run best on Solaris Sparc and other Oracle platforms.
Using Oracle Solaris11 technologies for building ECI R&D and Product private clouds. (30 min)
Solaris 11 built-in technologies (Zones, ZFS, COMSTAR, BE, Network Virtualization, IPS, etc) make possible easy deployment and maintenance of private cloud without purchasing additional SW. The presentation describes the approach, concept, methods and techniques being used for such cloud, both for ECI Network Management products and internal R&D/QA use.
- Cloud composed of Solaris 10 Branded and Solaris 11 Native zones.
- All applications run in zones exclusively.
- Global Solaris 11 zone runs zones and setup/control facilities only.
- Scalability and load balancing by moving the workload between HW components attached to the cloud.
- Zone can be deployed on local directly attached storage, as well as on central shared storage (e.g. Sun ZFS appliance).
Mark Markman is a Director, R&D Infrastructure at ECI Telecom
Use case : Cloud security design and implementation (30 min)
In this session I will cover how we used the following Oracle Solaris 11 technologies in order to build secure developer cloud infrastructure.
- Network virtualization with built in security mechanism on multiple network layers
- Wire-speed application encryption using the built in T4 CPU cryptographic accelerator
- Storage security- File system encryption using ZFS and NFS Zones.
- Virtual machines hardening using Immutable Zones
- Advanced users and process auditing
Orgad Kimchi is a principle software engineer on the ISV Engineering team at Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems). For 5 years he has specialized in virtualization and cloud computing technologies.