We are at the weekend before the SaaS job event and I am happy to announce that the participation level of both those seeking employment and those seeking to employ is above expectations. Since we want this to move smoothly and effectively for everyone, I kindly request the job seekers to adhere to the following:
1. Please do your homework - The event is focused around SaaS. SaaS is a new and unique market and must be approached as so. These companies are changing the way hi-tech has been deployed until now, by removing the physical service at the customer and putting it on a cloud. The results have quickly changed all the rules of hi-tech allowing more proliferation of services that were unattainable because of the high cost of entry. They are looking for employees that are thinking in modern terms and using innovative and the most up to date tools. “Thinking out of the box” is too overused and old fashion. You need be thinking with the largest peripheral view possible while providing maximum value and productivity.
2. Study the companies – Please do your homework and look at the web sites of the companies participating: MyHeritage, WIX, SiSense, Gigaspaces, PayPal, Pontis, Kampyle, Daynix, Liveperson, Panaya, Stratoscale, Jfog and Trainologic. This is a very impressive group.
3. Bring hardcopy resumes – I recommend about 20 copies and make sure it is focused around what you can offer to SaaS market and not a generic one.
4. Elevator pitch – Please come with a ready 2-3 minute speech about who you are, what you are looking for and what you can offer. When I was younger, companies would hire people. In this market, companies are hiring positions. I am not saying companies do not focus or care about the people they hire. However, you must over emphasize what value you will bring to the company and to that position.
5. Please be considerate – because we are expecting many to participate, please be brief when at the company’s station to allow everyone equal access. We are doing our best to prevent long lines.
6. Networking – This is an excellent time to network with people in the field so please utilize it. I once again ask the Israelis form IGTCloud to be speak with new Olim from Gvahim and be positive and supportive and share your experience on what it is to look for a job in Israel.
Shabat Shalom and the best of luck to you all.
Volunteer at Gvahim and head of sales/marketing and hitech team