Arts Facilitation London Message Board › This Plan B Might Beat Our Plan A, Read On...

This Plan B Might Beat Our Plan A, Read On...

Joao C
user 12812920
Group Organizer
London, GB
Dear Urban Art Geeks,

We are very much looking forward to see you all tomorrow for the launch of the 18th edition of the Very Nearly Almost magazine. We have been to their events before, as well as the Lazarides Gallery many times and it was a great night out.

This time however, while we anticipate not having any surprises, we are finding it impossible to speak to them to confirm the event. We tried phone, email, smoke signs and nothing.

So, just in case, anything unexpected happen, I'd like to put forward the following back up plan.

Walking up the street and turning left, there are a couple of minutes away the Rathbone Hotel. I suggest that if we turn up and for some reason can't get in, we all meet at the Rathbone Hotel. Equally, if we do get in the launch, I'd like to invite you to come to the hotel afterwards for some after party drinks and conversation, spend some time with other art geeks, Sabina and myself.

http://www.rathboneho...­

I haven't seen many of you for a while and notice many new faces in our RSVP list which I'd love to meet in person. For the regulars, I would like to update you on many exciting events that happened since we last met such as:

- Miami Art Basel Fair
- Scope Art Fair in Miami
- Armory Show in NYC
- Independent Art Fair in NYC
- Sao Paulo Gallery visits
- Meetings at the Wynwood Walls in Miami, including meeting in the street with Anthony Lister
- Developments with my own Sao Paulo Gallery
- Sea front Foundation I am working on the set up off
- Brazilian Carnival
- the future of our Debate Society
- Much more.

As you can see, I've been busy :) So sometimes not having me around can be a good thing :)

In addition to that, I'd like to announce that I will have to be away for another couple of months working on the foundation set up in Brazil, and therefore you won't see me in London in this interim, so it would be really great if we could have as many of you turn up for the drinks session at the Rathbone Hotel tomorrow as possible.

If we feel like dancing after and have enough to drink, I may show you some popular carnival moves, fresh from the Brazilian parade I attended 3 weeks ago.

If you find any problems locating us, and don't see my infamous silver jacket, do call me on 07973 551 458. If you want to bring friends, do share the love.

Ate amanha,
Abracos,
Joao