If you'd like to book a tour, please visit our sister site for bookings at
Contact Details: Alasdair on 07955 482637, tours()iloveoxford.com
I Love Oxford Walking Tours offers Oxford city and Oxford university guided historical walking tours. Call us ahead to pre-book a private tour. Our guides speak various languages and many of us are actors and teachers. Tours last about 60-90 minutes and introduce Oxford's main sights and almost ten colleges plus its most eccentric characters, pre-book on 07955.482637 or on tours()iloveoxford.com
Tickets cost £10 per person. We do offer concessions for students or seniors if requested and it is generally free for younger children. Private group bookings, please ask for a quotation but prices start from £50 and usually cost £70 for a private guided tour pre-booking.
Meet the guide or sales team near Oxford Visitor Information Centre on Broad Street, OX1 3AS, Tours start from just next to the visitor centre but note that there are many tours on offer and the visitor centre runs their own tour too. Therefore, look for the guide with a sign for 'I Love Oxford' or for 'Mad Hatter Tours'.
As for private tours, we can pick you up from another venue, as you prefer. Pub Tours however depart outside the Saxon Tower, Cornmarket Street, opposite KFC, OX1 3EY.
OTHER SPECIALITY TOURS:
CREAM TEAS AND TOURS WITH JANE AUSTEN THEME
You can also book more Bespoke 'Teas and Tours With Mr Darcy' for your special events and this tour introduces Jane Austen and social etiquette story telling and humour and ends with cream teas. This tour costs £20/person. For more details, visit www.MrDarcyTours.com
OXFORD NIGHTS OUT PUB TOUR
An eccentric pub tour and a social event, on Saturday nights from 8pm. Other nights can be arranged if requested. Tickets cost £10 per person. The Pub Tour requires minimum 4 people to book in advance and it departs from outside Saxon Tower and KFC on Cornmarket street. The pub tour welcomes local people out for a night out in Oxford too, in conjunction with www.OxfordNightsOut.com. For more details, visit www.OxfordPubTour.com
On a final note, you can use your tour ticket or flyer to save money in over 50 local businesses- wherever you see 'I Love Oxford' postcards or posters in shop, cafe or tourist attraction windows!
Are you an Oxford local?
If you may have friends or family visiting Oxford, bring them along on a tour to find out about Oxford colleges and Oxford's history too? Locals who join our tours can return again for free, as many times as you like! N.B. We are currently also hiring English speaking & foreign language guides!
A) " Oxford Language Lounge"= A language & international exchange club to be found on our facebook of the same name.
B) " Oxford Nights Out (And Days Out Too)!"= A social events calendar with details of upcoming social events open to everyone and including meals out and other activities. This site is found on Meetup.com and will soon also be found at http://www.OxfordNightsOut.com
C) "I Love Oxford", "I Love Oxford CARD" and " I Love Oxford Walking Tours" plus "Oxford Language Lounge" all have associated FACEBOOK pages, where you are invited to exchange news or leave questions on what you'd like to either share, ask about or recommend in Oxford.
Advice for I Love Oxford Traders on How to use this site:
1) To Contact Members, visit > 'All Members' then >Click on a member's profile page. Send them a public 'Greeting' (like posting a facebook wall message) or click on 'Mail' to send them a message, confidentially and directly to their registered email inbox.
3) To Create an Event Listing or Invitation, visit 'Home' then > 'Lets' > then enter the event details descriptions- as asked for by website. Note that when you create an event invite, it will ask you, 'Do you want to email to members?'. I would prefer you DO NOT EMAIL as it is my preference that you post the event on our site without sending event news by mailing list. If you send me a greeting and request to use the mailing list, I will then decide on whether or not to send out your event news by mailing list too.
I Love Oxford Benefits Card- Save Money Around Town! Key Benefits:
- You can usually save between 10-20% off at businesses participating as I Love Oxford Card Traders. Look for the sign for 'I Love Oxford Card' in their window. Ask each trader what their promotions are!
- You can create a free member profile page here so that you can start to use this site to save money on local benefits with the "I Love Oxford CARD".
- See some of the places where you can use ILoveOxford Savings card to save money- up to 20% off around Oxford at http://goo.gl/maps/nHcx5
THESE TRADERS ALL ACCEPT 'ILoveOxford Card':
The Creation Theatre Company and Oxford Cycle Tours plus Ben's Cycle Hire plus
Traders On Broad Street: The Buttery Cafe, Mortons Cafe, Flaggs, Bonnies and The Varsity Shop souvenirs. At Crepe so mania.
Traders On Turl Street:At Turl Street Kitchen.
Traders On The High (Street): Adams' Cafe, Oxford University Shop, Queens Lane Coffee House, Antiques & Crafts On The High, Oxford Rendezvous Cafe, Oxford Blue Souvenirs, QL Sandwich Bar, Shezan Indian Restaurant + Carfax Chip Shop, Edinburgh Woolen Mill Shop, The Vaults and Garden Cafe. At the Varsity Souvenir Shop and at Fellows Souvenir Shop.
Traders On or near Cornmarket Street: The Nosebag restaurant (on St Michael street...by...)The Saxon Tower and at Fair trade shop at St Michaels church. At Chequepoint Money Change shop. With portable traders like Batwurst Hot Dogs and at Animal Hats and Jewellry.
Traders On Queen Street: At Fernandos Cafe, Art Cafe, Souvenirs of Oxford Kiosk PLUS at Shakespeare's Milkshakes inside Westgate Centre
Traders on Park End Street: At Las Iguanas bar/restaurant. At 4500 Miles from Delhi restaurant, at OxfordStudyTours.com
Traders on Ship Street: At Heroes Cafe
Traders On George Street: At Java and Co Cafe, Fire Station cafe and at La Baguette Cafe plus at Nandos restaurant & Caspian shop & Souvenirs.
Traders at Gloucester Green: Granny's Crepe Shop
Traders On St. Aldates Street: Benny's Souvenirs, Oxford Blue Souvenirs, La Croissantiere Cafe. Oxford River Cruises, Salters Steamers Cruises, Shanghai 30's Chinese reastaurant and at No. 1 Folly Bridge restaurant by the Thames
Traders on Friars Entry: At Coconut Cafe
Traders on St. Giles Street: At Hussain's Takeaway Shop and at Najar takeway and Newsagency Kiosk, at Exclusive Roots fair trade arts and crafts shop (start of Woodstock road)
Near Train Station: At Dosa Park (Indian eatery) and Rainbow Boutique shop plus at La Croissantiere Cafe.
Inside the Covered Market: At Bolitas Brazilian Cheese dips, at Moo Moos Mikshakes plus and at Ben's Cookies, Mortons Cafe, Sofi de France Cafe, Bennets Cafe & Sandwich Bar
Traders On Cowley road: At Coffee Republic and at both G and D's ice cream cafe and Indulge gelateria cafe
Traders in Jericho:
Bainton Bike Hire and Guided Bike Tours, G and D Ice Cream Cafe on Little Clarendon Street
To request the "I Love Oxford CARD", please RSVP to attend an upcoming event where you can collect your members card. Send me your full name & status (student/working etc.). It is free but please send roughly £1 in stamps donation and a self addressed envelope if you want it be posted out to you, as it's not free to produce. Please just ask me for my address to send your envelope and stamps to.
- Find out about fun regular events are scheduled here, to include meals out, pub evenings out in town plus short walking trips in Oxfordshire.
- You can also schedule and suggest events of your own too. See instructions how to, above!
- Be the first to hear here, all about limited special offers or prizes to be won, by our business member affiliates or donated by 'I Love Oxford Walking Tours'!
I LOVE OXFORD REGISTERED DETAILS :
I Love Oxford Walking Tours 2013 © . All rights reserved.
Tours operate with Public Liability Insurance and Alasdair is C.R.B. checked.
Contact email ID: tours()iloveoxford.com
Tel. (44) 07955 482637 (Mobile). During tour hours, PLEASE leave a message or text Alasdair.