IMUG maps and directions: http://www.imug.org/google/
No webcast, but Google will record this.
The war for localization talent is hot. Come hear from a panel of stellar professionals in this field. Learn which skills, experiences and behaviors the panelists look for when filling key roles. (These are jobs you could be applying for!) Hear about emerging skills every localization professional should acquire in order to remain employable. Seek out answers to all your burning questions about managing your career within this very dynamic and competitive global market. This lively exchange will appeal to young professionals, senior executives and everyone in-between. Looking forward to seeing you there!
• Iris Orriss, Head of Internationalization and Localization at Facebook, and Board Member at Translators without Borders
• Jack Boyce, Director of Localization at Google
• Lydia Clarke, Operations Manager at Acclaro
• Mike Klinger, Owner of Anzu Global (remote)
• Uwe Muegge, Director and Tools Strategist at CSOFT, and Program Chair, Translation & Localization Management at MIIS
• Ted Bouras, Career and Academic Advisor at MIIS, focused on the MBA, MA in Translation & Localization Management, and MBA/International Environmental Policy programs
Admission is free for IMUG members and Google employees, and $5 for non-members. IMUG membership is only $20 for the first year, $15 for annual renewal, or $100 for lifetime membership. Click here to join, renew or pay a single non-member event fee via PayPal. Cash and checks also accepted at our events. http://www.imug.org/imug-membership-and-event-fees.htm
Please RSVP via Meetup by 5 PM the Monday before the event to help IMUG and our hosts prepare badges for you in advance. After that time it's still OK to RSVP right up to the last minute, as that will help us ensure enough seats for everyone! http://events.imug.org/
Many thanks to Zoli Stekkelpak and the Google i18n intergrouplet for hosting IMUG events at Google! For directions see http://www.imug.org/google/
The Twitter hashtag for IMUG events is #IMUG408, honoring Silicon Valley's main area code. Yes, we'll be in 650 this month, which used to be 415, at the Googleplex, which used to be SGI. It's still 408! :-) Follow @i18n_mug: http://twitter.com/i18n_mug