INTP Atlanta is a mishmash of individuals who want to have honest, direct, discussions. No topic is off limits. For people of the NT temperament, this is a place where you can relate to others and gain insight by sharing experiences. Non-NTs are more than welcome as well, whether the motivation is to learn about NTs, or wanting to engage in conversation.
In response to several inquiries, an INTP is one of the sixteen MBTI personality types. INTPs make up, according to the latest stats, approximately 1-3 percent of the population.
If you don't know what personality type you "fit" into, here is a link to the MBTI test which might provide some clarification: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2...
Also, here is a description of INTP: http://intp.org/intprofile.html
Great quotes from notable INTPs:
1. "To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an authority myself."
2. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."
3. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
4. "To me it suffices to wonder at these secrets and to attempt humbly to grasp with my mind a mere image of the lofty structure of all that there is."
Bertrand Russell :
1. “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
1. "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up." (not sure if Twain's an INTP but this quote kind of embodies the INTP disposition)
1. "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."
1. "The growth of the mind is the widening of the range of consciousness, and ... each step forward has been a most painful and laborious achievement."
2. "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
3. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead to an understanding of ourselves."
1. "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
2. "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."
1. "An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
1. "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
1. "To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me."
1. "If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."
1,907 Business Networkers
614 lovers of poetry and the arts
4,038 Wine Enthusiasts
4,862 science lovers
500 Real Estate Professionals