IOS Coders Message Board › Proposed subject for 7/30 Meet Up

Proposed subject for 7/30 Meet Up

Joe B.
user 87664782
Fox Lake, IL
It's been fun meeting you all and having lively discussion. Edgar suggested exploring specific subjects. He also lists Test Driven Development (TDD) as one of his interests. I've found this method essential in software development over the years. It's really tempting to just start coding, especially when working solo. Using TDD is a more sane approach. Creating a model using classes and categories then unit testing them works much better. I suspect some of you may benefit from an introduction to TDD.

I'd like to prepare a tutorial for the group on how to build a data model and test it using Xcode. Please let me know if you are interested so I can prepare. If you have an other suggestion, I'm happy to discuss as well.
Joe B.
user 87664782
Fox Lake, IL
Post #: 1
Hello everyone. I've prepared some slides for the TDD intro and uploaded them in the files area. I'll bring a couple of laptops to for hands on work in Xcode so you can how to setup unit tests. Feel free to bring your projects, I can help you setup unit testing in them if you wish.