It's time for the first IOToronto meetup of the year!
If CES was any indication, the industry is really heating up with some great products announced. If you've been thinking about making something, now is the time to start!
I'm hoping to see all the entrepreneurs, designers,engineers, * at this one!
I hope to have 2 startups pitching their new hardware products:
1) 7:45pm (confirmed) Demo by Gesturesense.com
There will be a live sensor demo and they will be talking about their imminent kickstarter projects
2) 8:00pm (confirmed) RFID Lightning talk by Kevin Chen
1) Start with RFID history, current security status.
2) RFID research devices: Proxmark3; NFC-Mobile phone.
3) Real world LF, HF, NFC cards analyze (Videos; Live demos).
4) Tips of how to protect our privacy will be given in the end.
Stuff we talk about:
1) Wireless transmission technologies (zigbee, ip, bluetooth le)
2) Open Source Hardware (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
3) Hardware/Software connectivity techniques and software
4) Sensor technology
5) other cool stuff???
I'm currently working with all these technologies for SensorSuite so if you've got questions about any of the above I'll be glad to point you in the right direction for your own projects..
>>> Applications are open for startups looking to pitch their stuff to the crowd .. please contact me if you're interested in presenting!