Internet of Things Startups Toronto Message Board › Awesome Meetup, Some Feedback, Burning Man & Whats Next

Awesome Meetup, Some Feedback, Burning Man & Whats Next

Zak H.
user 16567381
Toronto, ON
Hey Everyone!
Thanks for coming out to the meetup last week! What an amazing group of attendees and some really cool conversations! And if you didn't make it, you missed a good one.

We also owe you guys an apology. After talking with a bunch of you it sounds like we need to reconsider the meetup format - the long presentations just aren't working. We were going for depth over breadth and it was the wrong move. Breadth is best done mingling, not with slides. Sorry.
Our plan is to move towards 5min pitches, some prearranged the rest open-mic style, and getting rid of the slides. The new goal is to get super quick, high level snippets on what everyone else is working on, and then get back to the mingling faster (because it really is the best part).
I've started a waiting list for the next meetup - message me if you want on it!

In other news, this week is burning man! All of you going have an amazing time from those of us that couldn't make it this year! And from what I hear our very own Toronto natives Site 3 is turning heads representing their awesome Charcade - so go check it out and report back.

We're putting together the plans for the September meetup - stay tuned, its gonna be our biggest yet!

Cheers!
Zak