Subject: "If you're an author, you're a business".
- As an author you have income and expenses. Here's how you should keep track of the numbers.
- Keeping your receipts
- Correct invoicing procedures
- Common expense categories - what's allowed and what isn't
- Allowable The home office expenses
- Allowable Computer equipment, software etc. expenses
- The pro's and con's of incorporating
- Accounting and tax issues that affect a partnership/collaboration
Our speaker is Tim Schaufele, a professional accountant with over 20 years' experience helping small businesses and entrepreneurs manage their financial and tax affairs. His mission is helping his clients save money while fully understanding their legal obligations. He also has a lot of experience advising on the financial implications of incorporating and preparing business plans for financing applications.