Illinois Regional Agile Users Group (IRAUG) Message Board › Job opportunities › Scrum Master Job Opportunities in Chicago, IL - March 2013
RiverPoint Group has an immediate need for a Scrum Master for a 6-12 month contract located in Chicago, IL. There are two positions, one contract and the other permanent (FTE).
Please let us know if you are interested or know anyone that is interested in this opportunity and we can put you in touch with them. More details on the positions below:
• Drive sprint planning and estimation
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
• Work with a cross-functional team including Engineering, System Test, Product Management, Operations, and Quality
• Standardize Scrum practices across multiple Agile teams;
• Communicate key performance information to the wider organization;
• Deploy and utilize appropriate tools and techniques to manage multi-site teams.
• Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
• Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
• Empower the team to self-organize
• Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
• BA/BS in Computer Science or MIS, Engineering, Business, with a minimum of 5 yrs of professional work experience in software development life cycle.
• 3+ years of Agile project management experience, preferably in an enterprise scale environment.
• Certified Scrum Master qualification or 2+ years experience working as a Scrum Master.
• Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
• Proven ability to build motivated, collaborative and productive development teams.
• Methodical, detail oriented, efficient, organized, resourceful, highly productive, a true self-starter.
• A commitment to mentoring, coaching and evangelizing Agile across the organization.
• Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency expected.
• Proven ability to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
Edited by Maria Matarelli on Mar 17, 2013 10:19 AM
Is there a contact information for this opening? Thank you