Ron N.
RonNelson
Bloomington, IL
Post #: 1
You always hear that Networking with other professionals is valuable. I can prove that!

Just last year, I joined IRAUG after meeting Maria at a PMI-CIC new membership meeting. Maria and I were discussing project management methodologies and she invited me to attend a IRAUG meeting to learn more about Agile. I have been to several meetings now. Very informative and well worth the time.

On 2/19 of this year, I unfortunately lost my job. It was a shock to say the least. While attending a PMI-CIC meeting on 2/23, I was chatting with Maria and I mentioned that I had just lost my job. Always being helpful, Maria told me that to contact the vendor that had just sponsored the IRAUG meeting that month. So, I used the IRAUG group website and emailed the recruiters on 3/5. They contacted me almost immediately! We scheduled a meeting for Tuesday, 3/9 to discuss what I was hoping to find. On Friday 3/19, the recruiter called me to say they had found a local position for me! Just one month from the time I lost my job to finding another one right here in Bloomington! All due to networking in the right group!

Now that's Value Add! Thanks Everyone!
Dave M.
user 10195843
Brownsburg, IN
Post #: 3
I just want to add that most of my career moves have been the result of networking in one way or another. Whether through a direct referral, sharing ideas, or just being in the right professional organization meeting at the right time, it has been my main source for finding opportunities.

You always hear that Networking with other professionals is valuable. I can prove that!

Just last year, I joined IRAUG after meeting Maria at a PMI-CIC new membership meeting. Maria and I were discussing project management methodologies and she invited me to attend a IRAUG meeting to learn more about Agile. I have been to several meetings now. Very informative and well worth the time.

On 2/19 of this year, I unfortunately lost my job. It was a shock to say the least. While attending a PMI-CIC meeting on 2/23, I was chatting with Maria and I mentioned that I had just lost my job. Always being helpful, Maria told me that to contact the vendor that had just sponsored the IRAUG meeting that month. So, I used the IRAUG group website and emailed the recruiters on 3/5. They contacted me almost immediately! We scheduled a meeting for Tuesday, 3/9 to discuss what I was hoping to find. On Friday 3/19, the recruiter called me to say they had found a local position for me! Just one month from the time I lost my job to finding another one right here in Bloomington! All due to networking in the right group!

Now that's Value Add! Thanks Everyone!