On Monday, we'll meet in front of 2100 Clarendon Blvd around 6:50pm and head out for a nice hilly run at 7pm.
We usually head out to Summers (http://www.summers-restaurant.com/) for a drink after the run. So you're planning to stay after for drinks, you may want to bring a towel, change of clothes or extra layers.
• Hello runners, I am going on vacation and won't be there for the following Monday runs: Dec, 23rd, Dec. 30th, Jan 6th, and Jan 13th. Therefore, regulars, please lead the runs during that time. Introduce any new runners to the routes.
• Note for drinks at Summers after the run. Their Happy Hour ends at 8PM, so we try head over before then. To get our first drink discounted :)
• The schedule is: Dec 23rd = Georgetown, Dec 30th = Curtis Trail, Jan 6th = Georgetown, Jan 13th = Curtis Trail
• Have a happy holidays everyone!
• Its starting to get dark out. Therefore, please bring a headlamp! It is REQUIRED once it starts getting dark out earlier! Also some sort of reflective gear and/or brighter shirt. We share the trail with bikers, often times going very fast, and we would not want anyone to get injured. Pacers, and other running stores and sporting good stores carry them. Thank you!
If you're not familiar with the area, please review the routes.
We'll alternate between the following routes. Both routes are hilly. We'll run 20 minutes out and then turn around and run 20 minutes back to Courthouse. Everyone runs at his/her own pace, so the distance will depend on your speed.
1) First and Third Monday
Courthouse to Georgetown Waterfront (one giant hill)
Veitch St. to the Custis Trail; downhill to Key Bridge; over to the Georgetown Waterfront.
2) Second and Fourth Monday
Courthouse to Custis Trail West (rolling hills)
Veitch St. to the Custis Trail; West toward Glebe Rd.
All paces are welcome! We'll be doing an out and back route, so everyone will just turn around at the halfway time marker. That way we should all start and end at the same time.
Free Parking at Courthouse Plaza:
The underground garage is on Clarendon Blvd btwn Wayne and Veitch Sts. (near Ray's the Steaks, Strayer/CVS and the AMC Theater). If the first 2 levels on the left are full, you can park on the lower levels to the right. You can probably park at meters in the area for free as well.
Orange line to Courthouse Station.