(Tag line changed regularly to my newest favourite things that someone has said about the group.)
Hello! I'm sure you're great and we'd love you but please read the description in full before you join. Thanks!
This is an Edinburgh based group aimed at people in their 20s and 30s who want to make new friends. I'm really hoping that, on top of coming along to events, people will get to know each other and form friendships independent of the group. To help facilitate that we usually keep events to 15 people or less.
You might want to join this group if:
• You regularly sit at home on a Saturday watching trash TV, messing around online and wishing you had something to do.
• You work an antisocial job, study a lot of the time or you are a full time parent.
• You don't have much spare money/you are unemployed. (no judgement here)
• You are shy or socially anxious and prefer small groups.
• You want a group with a roughly equal mix of beer and tea.
Things to know before you join:
- Most events will have some new people so don't worry about being the only person who doesn't know anyone.
- This is NOT a dating group. If you meet someone, that's awesome, but this group is for people who want to make friends.
- Things fill up fast so keep an eye on your email! There are always drop outs though so if you don't get a spot it is well worth clicking the thing that says 'Notify me if a space becomes available.'
- We have some rules, including a rule about missing events, please read! (Click here.)
This group is run by one person (Annie, me) but with the help of a wonderful group of Event Organisers. If you have any questions or problems with the group or with events, do not hesitate to let me know!
We also have a Facebok group which you should check out because sometimes people use them to organise 'unofficial' events.
This is a group to help people make friends, but there should be no pressure to be super friendly all the time. Just come along, hang out and see how it goes. If you have questions, see the FAQ or drop me an email.
We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: This group serves only to organise things. If you come along to an activity with this group you are completely responsible for your own safety, belongings and well-being.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, May 23, 2015 12:30 PM
Saturday, June 6, 2015 8:45 AM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers